Saturday, October 29, 2011

Simple Solutions

Finally!

Have any of you heard of the website Pinterest? Well if not, immediately after reading this post it is a must to add to your to do list. It is pretty much a virtual pin board of all your favorite things. You can organize it anyway you way and “follow” as many people as you would like also. They even give you an option to add a button to your favorite bar so you can “pin” anything you want. Simply said..I am in love :)

I have tried many things I have found on Pinterest that are purely genius. I wish I would claim that I discovered them myself. Be prepared these will change your life.

At some point you have had nasty fruit fly's that would just not go away. You spend hours searching for whatever the cause is, and you find nothing. Well I have a cure!

Pour roughly 1c of Apple Cider Vinegar and a squirt or two of dish soap into a bowl. Place the mixture where you are noticing the most fruit fly's hanging out. Now prepare to be amazed.

Check back in a couple hours and you will notice your trap is taking care of your little problem. Works like a charm. I swear I will never stress about fruit fly's again. I have even left out a bowl of this mixture out for a couple days at a time and it will still continue to attract the little pests.

Ah. Maze. Ing!

All of us busy parents have juggled getting dinner ready, picking up the house, going though school paperwork, listing to Mom,mom...mom,mom...then we notice the pasta we are cooking is boiling over everywhere.
Well for ages my resolution was to blow on the foam make it go down and turn the water down...well worry no more.
Just simply place a wooden spoon over your pot of boiling water and once again, be amazed. I actually tried this one out tonight and it was shocking. I purposely tried boiling my water over and it would not happen. Go ahead cook that pasta, clean the kitchen, get through all that backpack paperwork. Just make sure you don't forget about your noodles so they won't turn to mush. :)

I would love to hear what fun tips you might have that will save all of us our sanity in the simplest ways.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

No comments: