Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Easy And Delicious Healthy Omelet


Good Morning!


Today I am so excited to show you a super energizing breakfast. This dish is easy to prepare and packs in a ton of healthy elements.

The finished meal has 271 Calories, 9 carbs, 14g fat, and a whopping 32g of protein! This dish is sure to keep you full.

Garlic & Onion Flax Seed Omelet



 
I promise if you enjoy warm comfort food this is right up there. My husband is no fan for eggs, and he was pleasantly surprised. So take a go at it. Change the spices around and see what is good for you. I am a serious garlic lover so I do go heavy on my seasonings. :)

Prep your pan with extra virgin olive oil and heat it nice and hot on medium. I use about a tablespoon. I like to do this so the pan is ready to go when I have all my food prepped.


You will start with 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg.


 
 
If you are a beginner with flax I suggest starting with a ½ tablespoon. This will add a delightful flavor to your eggs so don't be afraid. It will also not have any weird gritty texture. I buy bulk flax seeds and grind them in my coffee grinder. Add as much flax as you like, but I go with 2 tablespoons.



I love the depth and color it adds to the eggs. Did you know that 2 tablespoons of ground flax will add 4 grams of fiber to your diet? That is nearly a quarter of your recommended daily value of 20 to 30 grams!

You will also add in a teaspoon or more or garlic powder and a teaspoon or more of onion powder. Mix well. Your pan should be ready to add your eggs. Having your pan on medium or slightly higher will heat your oil nicely. It is important having the pan hot enough or your eggs will just run everywhere. When the pan is hot they will stay together and keep your omelet in a nice round shape.



This dish cooks nice and quick. Your omelet should be ready to flip within a couple minutes.


I watch the edges as a guide. Once it looks nice and fluffy with a slightly undone center your ready to flip.



It will have a nice golden brown color. At this point you can turn your pan down and prep your cheese. I like to use 2 slices of 2% American cheese. It will turn out nice a gooey. Place your cheese on one half. Once your cheese or filling of choice is in flip the other side on top. Your Done!!!



Time to indulge! Being healthy is not so bad :)




Enjoy!








No comments: