Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How To De-Fruit A Grapefruit


Happy Wednesday Everyone!


With the new year here like many others I have committed to losing weight. I have actually discovered a new found love that is making weight loss easier then ever. Grapefruit! That last time I had tried grapefruit was about 12 years ago. It was so bitter I could not enjoy it. Well I decided to try it again due to it health benefits and link with weight loss.

The first attempt to eating a grapefruit was awful. I had no idea how to eat it and it was very annoying and deterring trying to DE-fruit it. Well shortly after I figured it out. I also pair my grapefruit with Raw Stevia which is a zero calorie sweetener and I am now IN LOVE!!! I love this fruit so much I eat 2 a day. It is so succulent and satisfying.

Today I am going to show you my way of De-fruiting a Grapefruit.


Start by washing and cutting your grapefruit in half.


Gently pop out any visible seeds.


Take your knife and slice all the way around the edge of the fruit. This will separate the juicy center from the outer skin.


You will notice a thin skin separating each wedge of the fruit. Gently but firmly pierce your spoon between the fruit and the skin. This will take practice but I PROMISE you will get the hang of it the more you do it.

With a slight rotation of your wrist you will easily be able to pop the fruit wedge right out!


Continue on around the fruit.


Squeeze the remaining juice from your fruit and top with a sweetener of your choice. Your done! Enjoy this delicious fruit full of health benefits!

Until next time my friends! Enjoy.











1 comment:

*Colette* said...

this looks SO good! and, we just bought stevia for the first time today. omgggg it's amazing! i'll totally be getting some grapefruits the next time i'm at the store! ;D